Saturday, April 16, 2011

30 Days toward Who God Intended

In the life of a mother we normally forget about the small things in life and tend to focus on the larger, more important things. However often we don't realize that the things that seem so unimportant really are very important. For Example, mom's feed the children breakfast, lunch and dinner yet we often forget to eat until dinnertime or even after kids' bedtime. We make sure our children are bathed yet we manage to never have enough time in a day to actually shower longer than 2 minutes.  What if God felt that the things in our lives that we ask Him for weren't a big thing and He put it off? God doesn't put our needs on hold and we shouldn't either. This applies to men too, or even women who aren't mothers. Take time for yourselves. For the past 5 years of my life I have been so busy being a mother and trying to be the very best mother I could be to my children and children that I hadn't given birth to yet accepted into my heart and life that I some how lost track of who I really am. I forgot that I once had dreams, hopes, passions in life. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely am in love with my children, and wouldn't change a single thing. They make my heart beat and at times make my heart skip a beat.  My days are so focused on my children that I have forgotten to take time for me or to smell the roses so to speak. I love spending time with them, for so long I thought that was all that I was. I forgot I had other qualities in life, I had things to share with other people other than just the little people within my home.

I know that God has created me unique, and with a purpose. My goal now is to find out what that purpose is. I have to rediscover what talents I have, what I enjoy doing. For so long all that I have enjoyed doing is spending time with my children but I must broaden my horizons, and they can be right by my side along the way. I want to teach them as I learn. I want them to recognize their gifts and talents that God has given them as well. I don't want them to ever lose sight. People have asked me before "what was your dream growing up" and I replied "to be a mom" and thats true but I had forgotten that I also dreamed of opening an orphange, learning to figure skate, to make children smile, to travel, learn to play piano, and much more.

So for the next 30 days I'm going to do one thing that I enjoy every single day and take a photograph of it. I will share the photos with you. 

I challenge each and every one of you to look deep inside of yourselves and really find what makes you happy. I'd love to read or see what makes you happy. Seeing how I enjoy   love photograpy i'm looking forward to seeing your photos ;)

Here's to Discovering who God intended us to be. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment