Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Prayers and a heavy heart

Today as we drive forward into the storm my daddy is driving towards his surgery.  The dr. has told him for the past year that the only thing that could save him is amputation of his leg. Daddy has refused to go back until now he is at the point where he can barely walk. The clogged artery has turned his foot purple. I of course worry about him however I worry even more because daddy hasn't accepted God into his heart. My daddy is a great man who upholds a great strong man persona however if anyone has taken the time to really get to know my daddy they will see that he is very caring and beneath that tough exterior ta
here is a gentle soul.
I don't know  what today is going to hold however I do know that no matter what it is that it will be just as God intended. No matter what happens I pray that someone can help daddy ask God into his life. I fear for today even though I know that satan is the one who brings fear. I pray that each reader will please join me in prayer today. Not only for medical/physical healing for my precious daddy but also spitlritual and emotional healing.  I want to let go and let God have control and I know theres nothing that I can do however it is difficult for me to do that. I let go and let God have control and I lost my mother so I have that sense of that I can somehow fix this. I need to be my daddy's backbone when he is weak, be his shoulder when he needs to cry, his strong tower. I can't replace my mother for my dad or brothers yet I have spent the last 6 years trying to be by their side as mama would have been. I just spoke to daddy and he seemed to be in good spirits even though he has been up almost all night worried. I made sure that I told him I love him and am praying for him. As I write this and tears fill my eyes I know that God is the ultimate healer and we can do all things through him. God says with faith of a mustard seed we can move mountains. I have faith my daddy is going to be okay. In closing I ask that you pray for the man closest to my heart. I am indeed daddy's lil girl and will always be no matter his or my age or our differences.
Dear heavenly father, I come to you this morning with great thanksgiving for all things that you do. The things seen and unseen, heard and unheard, felt and unfelt. I thank you for the continued protection of my children and my family. I thank you for my health, my children's health, the time that I am able to spend with them. They never fail to put a smile upon my face and a bounce in my step. I come to you very humbly and ask for your protection and healing for my father and grandfather as well as my children always. This I pray In Jesus' Precious Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment